Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

Daz

Hey guys! So I've got a stupid issue because I didn't make proper research (kinda). I wanted to get a different set of wheels for my FiST and I landed some 09 (I think) SVT wheels for $90 rupees with the original TPMS. Now, the issue is that the guys told me he had painted them himself and the paint job looked decent. However, when I put the wheels beside my car when I arrived home to see how they would look and it fell and scratch significantly 1 wheel which shoed me the actually crappy job the guy did.

Now I have 3 options (or more if you think of any).

Number 1. Have them professionally powder coated which will cost $170 per wheels for a total of $770
Number 2. Sell them for and then buy a new set of wheels for about $700
Number 3. Sell them and hope to find a set of wheels on my local used website for say $500

Anyways, let me know what you think!

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Who the hell powder coats wheels for $170 a piece ?!?!? I got all my Wheels done for $320 ....crazy!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Daz

Who the hell powder coats wheels for $170 a piece ?!?!? I got all my Wheels done for $320 ....crazy!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Welcome to Canada my friend. I've called a few and it ranges from 130 to 200 CAN dollars so far

Daz

Plasti dip is a much cheaper option.
Yeah, I've been looking at plasti dip for 2 days now... Still uncertain about dropping 150$ (cans, cleaners and everything) and maybe not getting good results though...

SteveS

1000 Post Club
We bought our Scion TC 6 years ago used, and the owner had plastidipped the wheels black. When we sold it to buy the Fiesta last November, they still look really good, though with a few rim scrapes (which would have been evident on a painted wheel too)

Daz

Alright, dipped it is! I like the mat black with pearlizer which should be just under $150. Probably gonna wait a few weeks until I get the tires installed on them tho. I'll post pictures when its done ;)

I got tires dismounted on my TD pro’s and put the stockies back on.Still debating if i wanna do the dip now or after i get Conti Extreme contact sports mounted.

Daz

I got tires dismounted on my TD pro’s and put the stockies back on.Still debating if i wanna do the dip now or after i get Conti Extreme contact sports mounted.
From what I read, sometimes during the mounting the side of the rims may scratch the finish which sometimes make the plasti dip peel. I'd rather not take any chance haha. I'll have the tire mounted on the new wheels, paint them then install them on my car

The perfect wheels for a fiesta is this Fittipaldi Wheels which help enthusiasts show off their style while better the performance of their vehicle. Fittipaldi rims are forged from a monoblock ensuring the strength and intense engineering needed to outperform the competition.