Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Interesting, I had no idea what they were, so I just threw them back on.

Whats the benefit of getting rid of them? Just losing 2 pounds? If that's the case I'll take them off next time I rotate the tires
Its 2 pounds but considerably more than that in unsprung weight, math and science are involved so I wont bother figuring it out.

Maybe their is some odd NVH thing they were trying to counteract but I doubt it's very noticeable. I would think most people with aftermarket suspension have discarded these by now.

I want to get rid of it now that I know it's there because I don't like any "filters" between me and the car. Sound symposer, soft motormounts, hood blanket, resonated IC pipe etc.

I can handle or want some NVH in a modern car and I think most of us can.

Its 2 pounds but considerably more than that in unsprung weight, math and science are involved so I wont bother figuring it out.

Maybe their is some odd NVH thing they were trying to counteract but I doubt it's very noticeable. I would think most people with aftermarket suspension have discarded these by now.

I want to get rid of it now that I know it's there because I don't like any "filters" between me and the car. Sound symposer, soft motormounts, hood blanket, resonated IC pipe etc.

I'd be interested to know how the dynamics for the car changes without them on the stock suspension. It seems like an odd solution

Go for some Turbo Tech Racing engine & trans mounts. I ran them for a few weeks with a Cobb rmm & the NVH was very present. You'll have dash rattles/buzz galore, blurry mirrors and the steering wheel, shifter and pedals all become massage implements, lol:LOL: Def a racey feel to it, esp when banging gears. Swapped the Cobb for an AWR & things unexpectedly settled down slightly. Either I've grown accustomed to it or the 1000 mile break-in is legit. Looking at installing some Swifts, Koni oranges (minus the weights) and a 2-point to get to the next level:p

Last edited:
I made mine turn into an F150 [emoji24]

Turns out a crack in the block lead to coolant in cylinder 1, so now I'm driving this bus around while the FiST gets a new long block :(

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account

Turns out a crack in the block lead to coolant in cylinder 1, so now I'm driving this bus around while the FiST gets a new long block :(

Bummer.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Round 2 on my son's FiST: RAMAIR crossover, Mishimoto induction pipe (yeah, I know, but we already had it), Whoosh PCV check valve deal, Whoosh 2-point front brace, Maxton splitter. Rounding it up will be 16x8 Decagrams, colder plugs, a Dizzy tune, and track days so that he can figure this little car out.

Did my plugs today with 52k miles on them. They look pretty good to me. Gap was still only 0.032. Yes they're almost definitely original, they had the purple paint on the tip. Bought the car with 36k on it, OAR was only around -.40 to -.50 (from memory), a few weeks of top tier 93 brought it right up to -1 in winter. Recently its been down to -0.922908 (yes, I AM a machinist) though, and since changing the plugs so far made no difference (which I assumed they probably wouldn't), I'll blame the 90+ degree heat and humidity. I can't find any Forscan or Torque Pro logs from last summer, so unfortunately I can't compare. She also hasn't had any Shell lately, just Mobil. For some reason Shell just makes me feel a little warmer and fuzzier than Mobil. fiesta plug.jpg

HBEcoBeaST

My condolences.... A few questions:
-Did the dealer provide the rental?
-What were the symptoms of the cracked block? Overheating? Exhaust gas in the coolant?

The closest Ford dealer is not the best at communication other than, "bring the car in, we might have it for a while...". I need my recall done.

My condolences.... A few questions:
-Did the dealer provide the rental?
-What were the symptoms of the cracked block? Overheating? Exhaust gas in the coolant?

The closest Ford dealer is not the best at communication other than, "bring the car in, we might have it for a while...". I need my recall done.
Yep, its a dealer truck
One day I started it, it idled rough, stumbled, then died with some white smoke out the back. started it back up and it ran with no issues for another few days before I dropped it off. Then they called me and told me they found coolant in cylinder 1 and a new long block would be arriving in about 3 days.

So far I'm pretty happy with the service I've gotten. They had already ordered the new block when they called me, explained it in laymans terms (not needed for me, but its nice that they do for people who aren't as familiar with cars/engines), asked if I would need a vehicle, and gave me a rough time estimate.

Started in on fixing the rash and stripping my junkyard OEM 15's. Can never be too ready for winter up here. Kind of a fun little project so far.

Pretty rough before some sanding.
20190718_120353.jpg

Getting closer to spray bomb time.
20190718_183110.jpg

Last edited:

HBEcoBeaST

Re-Bled my brakes to fix the squishy feeling of my R1 concepts pads.

Tans Fluid change from Motul 300 to Ravenol. Feels smoother and easier to shift.

Installed TB rear torsion bar to go with my front traction bar. Definitely flattened out the rear during turns. Unfortunately I wasn't able to push it too much until I get my brake pad situation sorted.