Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Covid boredom got me this weekend , so I did a headlight lid trim in hyper dip satin .
Swapped in 8000k H1 led high beam to go with the Diode Dynamic H11 I did already .

Waiting on Pierce Motorsports Mid ship brace ..... Still breaking in NGK swap and will do another datalog too.

Owning a FIST , always makes you do mods .

5C4246B5-BADC-429F-BDAA-60BF7E200B15.jpeg 92BE7942-C0CE-4F39-805B-C9942697C62F.jpeg FEA6212B-5664-4CBB-85DA-15BCAC559E82.jpeg 2BB6AA70-F695-41E3-9F81-2A6B628D6B9A.jpeg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did a wash/wax and used the (thick) liquid Poor Boys EX (carnauba wax and synthetic sealant combo hybrid) instead of my usual Collinite 845.
I wanted to see how well it stands up to the rest of winter as compared to the 845. [wink]

It was kind of hard to get on the car as I am used to the ease of the Collinite (it was almost as much effort as the Collinite 479 PASTE wax going on), but came off just as easily as the 845, albeit with more residue, necessitating more frequent microfiber cloth changes.

Anyone else on here use this stuff??
If so, how is it's longevity/resilience to weather?

A drunk/high neighbor slammed into my car when using my fiancé's driveway to turnaround late Saturday night. We were still out of town for Christmas but caught it on the Ring doorbell. We missed the first few seconds of the incident when it happened, and when we opened the app after getting the notification we thought they just came very close to the car.

Turns out they slammed into it and moved it about a foot. Pictures below.

We got home Sunday afternoon and saw the damage. The neighbors live several units down and were actively in the process of cleaning the damage from their car when we got home. I confronted them while they were buffing out the paint transfer and spray painting the wheels black.

These are new neighbors and have been nothing but a nuisance since they moved in. It's a long story but it involves dealing drugs and sexual trafficking/prostitution.

Anyways, I called the cops, and they arrested the driver for a Hit & Run. Fortunately their car/driver is insured so my insurance company is going after them for me to be made whole.

Other than that, replaced the original battery with an Interstate 96R from Costco on Monday. It was a quick and easy swap, save for the 10 minutes of me cursing myself for dropping the screw for the ground wire below the battery tray.

unnamed-2.jpg unnamed-3.jpg unnamed.jpg

A drunk/high neighbor slammed into my car when using my fiancé's driveway to turnaround late Saturday night. We were still out of town for Christmas but caught it on the Ring doorbell. We missed the first few seconds of the incident when it happened, and when we opened the app after getting the notification we thought they just came very close to the car.

Turns out they slammed into it and moved it about a foot. Pictures below.

We got home Sunday afternoon and saw the damage. The neighbors live several units down and were actively in the process of cleaning the damage from their car when we got home. I confronted them while they were buffing out the paint transfer and spray painting the wheels black.

These are new neighbors and have been nothing but a nuisance since they moved in. It's a long story but it involves dealing drugs and sexual trafficking/prostitution.

Anyways, I called the cops, and they arrested the driver for a Hit & Run. Fortunately their car/driver is insured so my insurance company is going after them for me to be made whole.

Other than that, replaced the original battery with an Interstate 96R from Costco on Monday. It was a quick and easy swap, save for the 10 minutes of me cursing myself for dropping the screw for the ground wire below the battery tray.

View attachment 37281 View attachment 37282 View attachment 37283

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered some smoked Spec-D taillights off of Ron. I’m also going to order the LED reverse bulbs and some sealant. For those of you that have sealed the lights, do you do the seams and the gasket? I haven’t read anything or seen pictures about what to specifically seal.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just ordered some smoked Spec-D taillights off of Ron. I’m also going to order the LED reverse bulbs and some sealant. For those of you that have sealed the lights, do you do the seams and the gasket? I haven’t read anything or seen pictures about what to specifically seal.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/spec-d-tail-light-gasket-build-and-moisture-removal.17646/

The SEARCH button is very useful....This shows you all you need to do*

They will also need to re-pinned *

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/spec-d-led-re-pin-how-it-really-goes-down.16195/

Last edited:
Thanks for quick reply. I’ve been searching for a while. I saw your gasket mod diy thread. :thumbup:

I was just wondering if I can take the lazy route and seal the stock gasket.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for quick reply. I’ve been searching for a while. I saw your gasket mod diy thread. :thumbup:

I was just wondering if I can take the lazy route and seal the stock gasket.

Do it right or don't do it at all. That is the way I have been taught and it has served me well. The stock gasket is Trash. It took me maybe an hr. to do both lights after the moisture had been removed also. Good luck!

Well , I can’t keep paws off car .... so I was installing a video rear view mirror and camera system ( Thieye ) , has interesting split screen view which I thought was cool. I installed one in my daughter’s equinox and thought maybe I would get one for the FIST.

Working a place up high and under wing was the place to put it. Only thing left is running the ( remote wire ) to reverse light to activate camera in reverse. But right now I can just tap screen to change “ view “ front or back will driving. Parking sentinel recording and gravity sensor too . Thought was kinda cool little device.

Under a hundred bucks .

FD2C68A7-508E-4EA2-9216-29E183DF86ED.jpeg C579CE4F-0E17-4C4C-8DCC-F01EA9BEB318.jpeg 8943AE00-BE30-4856-97E1-78DB0C930B30.jpeg 0E076963-0F29-413C-89A7-650857F3E9FE.jpeg 7B1B4BC8-4915-443A-803E-47BD2402BEB6.jpeg

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well , I can’t keep paws off car .... so I was installing a video rear view mirror and camera system ( Thieye ) , has interesting split screen view which I thought was cool. I installed one in my daughter’s equinox and thought maybe I would get one for the FIST.

Working a place up high and under wing was the place to put it. Only thing left is running the ( remote wire ) to reverse light to activate camera in reverse. But right now I can just tap screen to change “ view “ front or back will driving. Parking sentinel recording and gravity sensor too . Thought was kinda cool little device.

Under a hundred bucks .

View attachment 37302 View attachment 37303 View attachment 37304 View attachment 37305 View attachment 37306
Clean!
You young whippersnappers, with your backup cameras and your fancy airbags! Back in my day, we didn't even have mirrors, and we liked it!
1609466554840.png

Well... Car is an absolute dog to drive at the moment.. getting gearbox oil change done tomorrow.. others must feel that too when the gearbox oil is on its way out..?? Did engine oil and filter Thursday just gone.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Not sure how many miles you have on the gear box oil but it would make a difference if its been a while. Just changed mine today to Ravenol after 70k on the factory oil and shifting is noticeably smoother. Feels like it glides between each gear now.

20201231_121057.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not sure how many miles you have on the gear box oil but it would make a difference if its been a while. Just changed mine today to Ravenol after 70k on the factory oil and shifting is noticeably smoother. Feels like it glides between each gear now.

View attachment 37309

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Works great, hot or cold, and it's full synthetic and meets Ford spec for this transmission. This is the stuff.

I have always done mine once about every 12 months.. so I'll have less than 30k kilometers on my current gearbox oil. I do engine oil and filter every 5k kilometers.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Covid boredom got me this weekend , so I did a headlight lid trim in hyper dip satin .
Swapped in 8000k H1 led high beam to go with the Diode Dynamic H11 I did already .

Waiting on Pierce Motorsports Mid ship brace ..... Still breaking in NGK swap and will do another datalog too.

Owning a FIST , always makes you do mods .

View attachment 37209 View attachment 37210 View attachment 37211 View attachment 37212
Nice.. Looks good! I’m also waiting for the 6 pt brace from Pierce Motorsports.