Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Rang Ford parts and they basically said the same.. guy at Porsche thinks it's my high flow panel air filter that's causing the 3 cylinder startups.. thinks it's the K&N filter oil that's causing it.. I don't believe that's the problem tho.

I think it's either an injector or a faulty sensor of some kind..

New plugs and coils has had no effect on the problem.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
I know Fomoco Scantool program @ El dealer will be able to monitor each injector for pressure and pulse. Maybe Forskin can too I'm not sure I've never tried to look.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

We're back in boys! FINALLY (after around 2 months) picked this up from the collision center. Will probably put some kind of storytime post-mortum out there for the level of damage done by that curb but I'm just happy to be driving again. Have to catch back up with work for the day but had enough time to put in a fresh tank of ethanol and watch some numbers on the AP a bit just for my own sanity. No rain, super hot here today, so these Proxes R888R's are feeling insane. Second gear is finally usable. :cool:

IMG_5200.jpg
Mediocre parking lot pic. :geek:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
We're back in boys! FINALLY (after around 2 months) picked this up from the collision center. Will probably put some kind of storytime post-mortum out there for the level of damage done by that curb but I'm just happy to be driving again. Have to catch back up with work for the day but had enough time to put in a fresh tank of ethanol and watch some numbers on the AP a bit just for my own sanity. No rain, super hot here today, so these Proxes R888R's are feeling insane. Second gear is finally usable. :cool:

View attachment 49502
Welcome back 🤙🏼

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
I know Fomoco Scantool program @ El dealer will be able to monitor each injector for pressure and pulse. Maybe Forskin can too I'm not sure I've never tried to look.

Just my 2 cents here but as a tech I have seen where oil will get on the MAF and cause all kinds of problems. I suggest you take it out and clean it with brake clean. Then put a dry filter in there and see how it goes. Engine load is calculated by MAF, BARO and BOOST pressure. If the MAF is skewed due to oil insulating the hot wire, the ECM thinks there is less air entering the engine. In Duramax diesels, it can cause the Allison trans to burn up because internal line pressure is determined by calculated engine load. If the MAF is poisoned and can't be cleaned, it will need to be replaced. Compare the grams per second on yours at the same idle RPM as another member here with the same mods. It should be close.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just my 2 cents here but as a tech I have seen where oil will get on the MAF and cause all kinds of problems. I suggest you take it out and clean it with brake clean. Then put a dry filter in there and see how it goes. Engine load is calculated by MAF, BARO and BOOST pressure. If the MAF is skewed due to oil insulating the hot wire, the ECM thinks there is less air entering the engine. In Duramax diesels, it can cause the Allison trans to burn up because internal line pressure is determined by calculated engine load. If the MAF is poisoned and can't be cleaned, it will need to be replaced. Compare the grams per second on yours at the same idle RPM as another member here with the same mods. It should be close.
These vehicles don't have MAFS they are MAP based systems.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

View attachment 49502
Yay!!!

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
These vehicles don't have MAFS they are MAP based systems.

There is a Mass Airflow Sensor in the intake tube either in the air filter lid if it's stock or in the aftermarket intake tube just after the first elbow. Ford PN#
8V2Z-12B579-A
Am I missing something here? Are the Aussie cars different then the US ones?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There is a Mass Airflow Sensor in the intake tube either in the air filter lid if it's stock or in the aftermarket intake tube just after the first elbow. Ford PN#
8V2Z-12B579-A
Am I missing something here?
It is used for Temperature reading not Air flow as I've read

Got the cad ready for tomorrows show!
Ken Blocks original MK2 RS will be there!
Here’s new pics of my car after the 15% tint, new 2.5in straight pipe exhaust, under glow, custom boot, front bumper and bonnet and side skirt resprayed. Also wrapped the window surrounds gloss black. Colour matched the sprayer nozzles and the wiper bolt covers. Got some new gel badges custom made by my sticker guy. Custom made a sparco tow strap mount too.

Attachments

Not today, but installed a Thermal R&D catback yesterday. Unfortunately, my black Whoosh tips arrived with some damage, so I'm running no tip at the moment but so far loving the sound over the much louder MBRP.

Two days ago was the first oil change under my ownership at 4500 miles. I also swapped the factory trans fluid for 2L of Ravenol MTF-2 75W-80 GL-4. Not really because I wanted smoother shifts, but for trying to keep the trans in the best shape possible. I do think it added a bit of smoothness, but my shifter setup already felt silky smooth and great.

I wish.. I clean the MAF every time I clean the air filter, I use proper MAF cleaner. If it's not a MAF it's the one mounted just above the air filter.

It is used for Temperature reading not Air flow as I've read

That other sensor below the throttle body gets dirty too... Oil sits down there so I noticed when I did a throttle body clean.. they easy to take out without removing the tube? I might do another throttle body clean and give that sensor a spray with the throttle body cleaner..

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That other sensor below the throttle body gets dirty too... Oil sits down there so I noticed when I did a throttle body clean.. they easy to take out without removing the tube? I might do another throttle body clean and give that sensor a spray with the throttle body cleaner..

Can't hurt anything*

brbauer2

Radiator went in today!

Not the easiest job but it went smoother than I was expecting. 3.5 hours all in.

Let her come up to temp with AC blasting and she settled in at 188° in direct sun. Took her on my little 'test' loop and was sitting steady at 185°.

This is the radiator used. Offered $200 and it was accepted.

Had to fab some mounting brackets for the fan shroud.