Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

just finished putting on the new turn signals I ordered from whoosh. I know there is a thread for these elsewhere on the forum and towards the end of the thread it gets some negative feedback for fitment, but I had no issues, and that small gap towards the front of the unit really doesn't bother me. I like it. View attachment 26761
How is the install? Thinking of ordering these once they are back in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

On a scale of 1-10.... 10 being the hardest and 1 being Toddler easy. I'd say its a 3. Just make sure you have some Picks to remove the outer most locking clip. The ones I got from Aliexpress supplied a Removal tool to help pop the tabs so you can remove the cover also. You can leave the clips out if you'd like or put them back in. I put one in ...it was a real treat. So I just pulled it and kept both of them in case I wanna switch to stock Mirror indicators again. Also...Use some di-electric grease after you connect it together to avoid it getting wet and shorting it out pre-maturely.

joesiris

yeah what typhoon said. just be really patient and careful with the clips. I have a tendency to get frustrated and not as careful, this time just stayed calm and got it done. be careful taking out the oem bulbs. when I took mine out the connectors inside twisted. There are 2 separate tabs of metal inside a sleeve. don't just ram the new "bulb" into the socket without checking as you could do some real damage there. I really like the look, especially since I have the magnetic color.

More info as in what's going on with it? The output shaft bearing went bad causing a horrible growling sound while driving. Customer went the used route for their transmission replacement. So I paid for the core instead of sending it back to LKQ. Plans for this one is get a rebuild kit and drop a MFactory LSD then swap it with my current transmission when my clutch goes out. My current transmission 66K has a light whine to it. Probably from the hard cut launches with the factory rmm when I first got the car with 52K, and 3rd gear synchro is slowly going bad only noticeable when I drag race but daily driving is fine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

More info as in what's going on with it? The output shaft bearing went bad causing a horrible growling sound while driving. Customer went the used route for their transmission replacement. So I paid for the core instead of sending it back to LKQ. Plans for this one is get a rebuild kit and drop a MFactory LSD then swap it with my current transmission when my clutch goes out. My current transmission 66K has a light whine to it. Probably from the hard cut launches with the factory rmm when I first got the car with 52K, and 3rd gear synchro is slowly going bad only noticeable when I drag race but daily driving is fine.

Does the rmm help to save the tranny

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
tearing into the transmission to get parts ordered for it.

Whats your mileage? What was the concern for teardown? NVM...saw its a core from someone else. Smart idea though getting a core from someone else and going through it. Compile a parts list if you can!

Does the rmm help to save the tranny
It probably could of but who really knows. I know the first time I drag raced it I missed 3rd gear really bad. Then most recent drag race I snap the driver side CV shaft.

Last edited:

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club

YOURE LOCAL TO ME IN SOCAL NO? HOW MUCH TO PUT AN LSD?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Put the CP-E 'huge fart can' tipped tail pipe back on, so that I could have the 3" 304 single wall pipe Black Glacier Cerakoted (and my turn down tipped pipe re-coated) once Bonehead Performance coatings open up again in 2 weeks time.

YOURE LOCAL TO ME IN SOCAL NO? HOW MUCH TO PUT AN LSD?
No clue I'm in the ICT. The independent shop I work at doesn't tear into transmission like I'm doing. We just replace it with rebuilt, new, and used. We only rebuild differential depending on how damaged it is. We're not a speed shop and the owner doesn't like doing aftermarket stuff.

And I'm going to pick mine up after 13 weeks of waiting for tranny parts to come off of back order. Input shaft bearing left the building just prior to 60k miles, so it was covered. It's been so long I'm not sure I remember how to drive stick!
No way that's crazy. Almost everything been on back order lately. I had to wait almost 6 month for oil return pipes for both turbos for a Lincoln MKT. I snaked the pipes to get them cleaned out so the customer can get their vehicle back sooner. Literally when the part came in we totally forgot about it and had to remember who they were for.