Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Just installed the Tubrosmart BOV Plumb Back VR2. With the 2J intake it sounds pretty sweet! OEM DV was starting to struggle with inconsistency near max boost and this fixed that right up. Now the whistle pig has consistent boost pressures when under WOT.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just installed the Tubrosmart BOV Plumb Back VR2. With the 2J intake it sounds pretty sweet! OEM DV was starting to struggle with inconsistency near max boost and this fixed that right up. Now the whistle pig has consistent boost pressures when under WOT.
Is The Tubrosmart BOV VR2 something NEW?

Is The Tubrosmart BOV VR2 something NEW?
I think she's been around a year or so. It's a direct replacement to OEM functionality - full plumb back - just much higher quality. They have a more expensive 50/50 BOV that does 50% plumb back and 50% vent to atmosphere. Install was easy. Maybe 30 minutes. Pull the pulley splash shield (x2 screws), then three 5mm allen bolts hold the OEM and new BOV in place. I honestly felt a little uncomfortable because I thought it should have been more difficult (as if I had missed something).

Yesterday I changed the oil and air filter, inspected the car (found out my axle seals are already seeping) and conducted a ridiculous experiment. I had always wondered how the Fiesta might look with a taller profile wheel/tire setup. The easiest way for me to see it in person was to borrow the setup of the EcoSport. I also weighed an Ecosport wheel and tire out of pure curiosity: 44.05lbs. The tire is a comparatively huge 205/50R17, wheels are 17x7 et37.5

First picture is the look before: (Sparco trofeo 4 and Blizzak Ws80 195/50r16, which I also weighed out of curiosity at 35.9lbs)

Second picture is the taller setup.

I have a few more pictures that only work to prove how dumb the experiment was, but what impressed me was the offset difference. I think the fitment of the smaller offset from the EcoSport was just about perfect, shown in the 3rd picture.

I'll obviously never consider this size for a proper setup, but at least now I know from experience just how bad that could have gone. /Rant

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^That Ecosport tire is 25.0" tall, yes a bit too much for our rides, but I DO like the style/aesthetics of those wheels more than our factory wheel's.

I am probably at, (or at least close to) the limits, with no rubbing/scraping at all, on the factory suspension, with a 195/60-15 winter tire on my 15x7 setup.

Sadly, even the setup I just bought (205/50-16 Neo Gens on Dekagrams), and will have on the car next week, is going to appear as very 'rubber-bandish' to me, after seeing the car for a while with this setup above, despite most on here considering that size Neo Gen a 'meaty' profile donut.

the duke

^^^That Ecosport tire is 25.0" tall, yes a bit too much for our rides, but I DO like the style/aesthetics of those wheels more than our factory wheel's.

I am probably at, (or at least close to) the limits, with no rubbing/scraping at all, on the factory suspension, with a 195/60-15 winter tire on my 15x7 setup.

Sadly, even the setup I just bought (205/50-16 Neo Gens on Dekagrams), and will have on the car next week, is going to appear as very 'rubber-bandish' to me, after seeing the car for a while with this setup above, despite most on here considering that size Neo Gen a 'meaty' profile donut.
Theres a Russian kit to lift the car if you want to go higher. Similar to Scooby Spacers.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yesterday I changed the oil and air filter, inspected the car (found out my axle seals are already seeping) and conducted a ridiculous experiment. I had always wondered how the Fiesta might look with a taller profile wheel/tire setup. The easiest way for me to see it in person was to borrow the setup of the EcoSport. I also weighed an Ecosport wheel and tire out of pure curiosity: 44.05lbs. The tire is a comparatively huge 205/50R17, wheels are 17x7 et37.5

First picture is the look before: (Sparco trofeo 4 and Blizzak Ws80 195/50r16, which I also weighed out of curiosity at 35.9lbs)

Second picture is the taller setup.

I have a few more pictures that only work to prove how dumb the experiment was, but what impressed me was the offset difference. I think the fitment of the smaller offset from the EcoSport was just about perfect, shown in the 3rd picture.

I'll obviously never consider this size for a proper setup, but at least now I know from experience just how bad that could have gone. /Rant

I am actually going to be running that tall of a tire for DD with my spacer lift.

^^ I do see a lifted *Fiesta* build in the future (R2 spec, maybe?), but if I don't have a different car to use as a daily soon then it won't be this car. And I honestly did like the style of the EcoSport wheels, but they're OEM so naturally they are made of lead and weigh a ton each. Might look into aftermarket options for the EcoSport [emoji869]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am actually going to be running that tall of a tire for DD with my spacer lift.
We NEED that around here lately, albeit with an even much higher profile sidewall than those Ecosport tires.
I instantly blew out one of the factory rubber band AS/3s on one of our unseen/invisible at night, in the rain, infamous craters at the intersection of 202 and 413. [:(] [mad]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^ I do see a lifted *Fiesta* build in the future (R2 spec, maybe?), but if I don't have a different car to use as a daily soon then it won't be this car. And I honestly did like the style of the EcoSport wheels, but they're OEM so naturally they are made of lead and weigh a ton each. Might look into aftermarket options for the EcoSport [emoji869]

The R2 spec's Reiger coil overs are $8K to almost $10K, all by themselves, and they might be worth every single penny, but certainly way too rich for my blood, being more than half of what I paid for this car. [:(]

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
The R2 spec's Reiger coil overs are $8K to almost $10K, all by themselves, and they might be worth every single penny, but certainly way too rich for my blood, being more than half of what I paid for this car. [:(]
The idea of parts that expensive is crazy to me. You could buy a whole car for that, or just 4 springy bois.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Alignment and some gravel tires mounted for the rear..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may be where you got your Federal gravels from, but just in case it was not, and you need another source, Phil's Tire Service can get the Federal gravel (AND tarmac) tires.

They are also the only current Team Dynamics distributor (with the exception of the Pro Rally model, which members on here O.D.D. Racing has the exclusive on).

WHERE is that alignment shop located, and what's their name?