Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Swapped my work truck for my FiST! Fun to finally take this thing for once to a place I have been going every Monday for 5 years in a big truck or van.

180 mile round trip and the car is a straight up dream boat with the new wheels/tires and suspension changes.

Attachments

Drove around with the Stage 2 Cobb tune, car seems to have more top end forsure, definitely Liking it. Max boost is about 20.80 and doesn’t go higher. Wonder if that’s normal lol

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Drove around with the Stage 2 Cobb tune, car seems to have more top end forsure, definitely Liking it. Max boost is about 20.80 and doesn’t go higher. Wonder if that’s normal lol
I'm not sure about the off-the-self Cobb tune, but I'm getting 25 from my Mountune tune (thanks, Randy). There are lots of after-market tunes that will improve your results!

Sounds about right. I've seen just over 21 on stage 2, but most of the time its 20.xx.
Sure wakes the car up a bit. Not as much as I expected but noticeable.

Got mine washed and waxed. First time since November, but it was in storage for 4 months due to winter weather. Washing the car is illegal at your house, so they have car washes everywhere. 40 Euro, $44.40, for a wash, vacuum, and wax with the early bird special.

Attachments

Changed my oil out:
Mobil 1 5w20
New oem drain plug
New oem FL-910S filter

Also if you don’t have yourself a swivel gripper go get you one. Works great without damaging the filter itself. This is the size that works for the fist.

Anyone have the cable braided dipstick? I have a 2014 fist and it sucks so bad to get an accurate reading. Any tricks to read this correctly? I heard the newer fists have a normal flat metal one? Is it something the dealer would swap out?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I use the extra L-O-N-G Fram Ultra 3600 filter, so I cannot even get one of those stainless metal band type wrenches between the fan shroud and the filter end, and must use one of the strap type wrenches for mine;
1590444673845.png

BTW; I have a '16 and it has that same exact dipstick. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Got mine washed and waxed. First time since November, but it was in storage for 4 months due to winter weather. Washing the car is illegal at your house, so they have car washes everywhere. 40 Euro, $44.40, for a wash, vacuum, and wax with the early bird special.
I would have thought that they would have RIOTS in car-insane Deutschland if they did not allow owners to wash/wax their own rides! [dunno]

green_henry

1000 Post Club
My '17 has the new style dipstick, it's still hard to read. It's hard to believe they couldn't make an easy to read dipstick for these cars.
agree; the old-fashioned blades were much easier to read. why would they make the tip more or less the same color as clean oil??? :rolleyes:

Do you have reflector type headlights in your car? Is it a USDM car you shipped to Germany?

pixelzombie

Removed the symposer which was a major headache. I was able to use vise grips to hold the top clamp open but it wouldn't lock and fell off. After the third try, the tab broke off so I couldn't compress it anymore. I stuck a flathead screwdriver in between the clamp and hose and twisted the blade. I then used a 2nd screwdriver to move the clamp down enough to get some lube in there. After much twisting and pulling it popped free. This makes it easy to then get to the lower clamp and that one did lock, but a good portion of it was stuck to the hose. A fellow youtuber suggested getting to that from the bottom of the car which worked great in pushing the clamp up and over the lip. The only problem is this was not needed with the plug I got. The illustration on the Woosh site is incorrect for the billet aluminum plug. The plug is for the top of the hose only.
The improvement is much quieter in the cabin and allows you to actually hear the turbo which is how it should be.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Removed the symposer which was a major headache. I was able to use vise grips to hold the top clamp open but it wouldn't lock and fell off. After the third try, the tab broke off so I couldn't compress it anymore. I stuck a flathead screwdriver in between the clamp and hose and twisted the blade. I then used a 2nd screwdriver to move the clamp down enough to get some lube in there. After much twisting and pulling it popped free. This makes it easy to then get to the lower clamp and that one did lock, but a good portion of it was stuck to the hose. A fellow youtuber suggested getting to that from the bottom of the car which worked great in pushing the clamp up and over the lip. The only problem is this was not needed with the plug I got. The illustration on the Woosh site is incorrect for the billet aluminum plug. The plug is for the top of the hose only.
The improvement is much quieter in the cabin and allows you to actually hear the turbo which is how it should be.[/QUOTE
Another sound Symposer bites the dust![/