Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Filled her up with e30 that was actually premixed at the pump! I’ve never seen anything like it and now I’m obsessed with finding premixed stations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only bad abut this is sometimes the Ethanol Content can be off. It legally can be anywhere between 55% ethanol or 83% ethanol. I hope you have a tester or a gauge....Enjoy!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The only bad abut this is sometimes the Ethanol Content can be off. It legally can be anywhere between 55% ethanol or 83% ethanol. I hope you have a tester or a gauge....Enjoy!
Also, you have to ask them if it is blended with 87/89 octane gas, or what WE actually want/need, 91/93 octane gas. [dunno]

Business6

Installed the Pierce trunk brace. Wish I did it three years ago.

More or less the ride quality is what I was told to expect when going to 205/50/16. A lot of the harshness is toned down which I really didn't expect. The stock suspension still flips its shit over given partitions and bumpy roads but the peaks of that crashiness, for lack of a better term, are brought down a bit. Steering wise it's more direct and solid.

Didn't think I'd notice it as much as I did. Now to look at more braces after figuring how I'm going to cut out the room on the plastic false door support.

joesiris

I like that where did you get it? Feel any difference?
yeah whoosh sells them...it might just be placebo but there is slightly less body roll from the back end. once I pair it with some additional bracing I'm sure it will be more noticeable. whoosh also sells an inhouse branded one, and is 100$ less and i would've gone that route if i weren't so nervous cutting my plastics (I'm kinda brutish and muck things up)
https://whooshmotorsports.com/colle...ts/mishimoto-14-17-ford-fiesta-st-trunk-brace

https://whooshmotorsports.com/colle...t-trunk-bar-2014-2019-fiesta-st-free-shipping

joesiris

Since this was your first brace, did u notice any difference in handling. Do u get any more oversteer in the car balance? I’ve read reviews that it does not do much for handling on its own.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires
very slight difference and again that may be placebo effect

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Installed the Pierce trunk brace. Wish I did it three years ago.

More or less the ride quality is what I was told to expect when going to 205/50/16. A lot of the harshness is toned down which I really didn't expect. The stock suspension still flips its shit over given partitions and bumpy roads but the peaks of that crashiness, for lack of a better term, are brought down a bit. Steering wise it's more direct and solid.

Didn't think I'd notice it as much as I did. Now to look at more braces after figuring how I'm going to cut out the room on the plastic false door support.
Dremel. I bought the whoosh one and omg... The stock suspension feels sooo much better with my combi of dna 2 point, dna batwing, whoosh trunk brace, and maple racing ( homemade in canada) torsion beam brace.

Business6

Dremel. I bought the whoosh one and omg... The stock suspension feels sooo much better with my combi of dna 2 point, dna batwing, whoosh trunk brace, and maple racing ( homemade in canada) torsion beam brace.
I'm a grown ass man and I have never owned a Dremel, lol. I will, soon.

Did you do those all at once, btw? That "batwing" brace seems too thin to do the job the way TB, Pierce, Mountune, etc would but I love how love profile it is

There was a Romanian website called carpartstuning that sold them for a real pretty penny, right around 450, but shipping was guaranteed and only took one month. They were beautifully packed, all the corners protected.

I'll have to try sourcing some bulb holder wiring. That's either going to be easy or very difficult being at a dealership.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
Right on good to know that website is legit. I’ll check them out when I decide to spend that amount on lights. The price is up there but I think is worth it they look so good!

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I'm a grown ass man and I have never owned a Dremel, lol. I will, soon.

Did you do those all at once, btw? That "batwing" brace seems too thin to do the job the way TB, Pierce, Mountune, etc would but I love how love profile it is
That batwing is more than thick enough. Its 1/4" material. Mounts to subframe and the unibody itself. I did the trunk and rear brace first. As i had a pierce brace up front ( replaced it cause it got all bent up) the car feels just as good. Can get a jack under it without needing ramps again and i redistributed some weight to the back after all was said and done. Its a win win for me.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well - had to deal with these (2 of those effing Cobb hangers split), making it 3/4 in about 4 years. View attachment 32246
The examination of the fracture surface shows striations/beach marks suggesting a fatigue failure from vibrations, with the crack originating right at the upper hole. @whoosh’s (not really) orange jelly beans went in.
I recently swapped all four of my Cobb hangers for the blue whoosh ones.

I would not have expected the Cobb stuff to rip that easily, in that way.

I changed mine out to try and quell some of the closed throttle/coast down buzz/rattle I was getting, but only in the winter/cold weather, but if that is the eventual fate of the Cobbs, I killed the proverbial two birdies with one stone with the swap. [wink]

Business6

Removed the ramair intake, reinstalled the stock airbox with ramair foam filter.

135° intake temps were common after about 60 seconds after coming to a stop. Getting up to 40mph would not drop the temps below 118°. This is making the front mount do more than it should have to so I'm going to keep track of the airbox temps and see how it goes. Leaning towards doing the Peron/ITG intake as I think that'll be the best compromise.