Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

pixelzombie

Finished painting the front calipers the other day, but the activator was put in a different glass jar and it was like a dried up jelly. Not sure how that will affect the paint life. If you're using the G2 paint system and can't paint all the calipers at once, you need to use an eye dropper to split the activator so that it stays in the ORIGINAL glass bottle. The bottle I used wasn't exactly airtight and if I had left it another week, it would've been useless.

Attachments

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Finished painting the front calipers the other day, but the activator was put in a different glass jar and it was like a dried up jelly. Not sure how that will affect the paint life. If you're using the G2 paint system and can't paint all the calipers at once, you need to use an eye dropper to split the activator so that it stays in the ORIGINAL glass bottle. The bottle I used wasn't exactly airtight and if I had left it another week, it would've been useless.
For all the trouble with G2, I find it’s better to do a powder coat. Did it for a couple of calipers (but not the FiSTs) and, “while there”, coated some of the acorn lug nuts.

That is something out of a James Bond movie. Do they make them for the back as well?
Ya they do but it would be sliding vertically, up/down, and you'd probably have to cut the bumper. I only did this because in BC Canada it's illegal to not have front plates, so now when I see cops, I'll just slide my license plate back out lol. You have to trim the lower lip that's behind the bumper, right underneath the radiator, and make a spacer bracket so that the slider mechanism mounts parallel to the ground to make it fit. I put pvc pipe with a cap over the motor and sealed it with silicone rtv. I can make a how to install one of these thread, if anyone's interested. Edit: I used pipe wrap because that's what I had at the time, but maybe it'll hold up better than electrical tape. Black electrical tape would give it a more cleaner oem look though.

Attachments

Last edited:
Went to put in colder spark plugs and realized I need a thin wall socket :banghead:

It’ll probably take me 20 mins once I get the correct socket. Very easy job / maintenance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam4

Nothing to see yet, but I got oe front sway bar "bushes" with control arms also on the way. Little too late to ask if anyone has replaced to arms. Besides slop, I have a resonance in the front end that I think is a combo of the bush(ing) and a bum ball joint.