Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Installed the whoosh trunk brace and then took it for a quick spin. I want to think it made a difference but I cant say for sure. Feels a bit tighter.
Thanks Ron for getting it out to me so quickly

View attachment 27272
Doesn't make one iota is a difference. We've done a lot of research on this. Makes some happy in their minds so that's good. Placebo effect to be perfectly honest. If course the people selling these and those duped will disagree, such is life.

Installed the new Mountune crossover. Nice oem+ look. Will have some full pics later after the car gets reassembled. Also, cleaned my air filter but found a bunch of gunk in the pleats after multiple washes. Going back to paper to avoid the headache. View attachment 37689
Nice part! However I do not see a real benefit of that part vs the Whoosh regular crossover...half of the price and do the same?

Nice part! However I do not see a real benefit of that part vs the Whoosh regular crossover...half of the price and do the same?
I don't think there really is performance benefit of any of the crossovers. This replaced an ITG crossover and fits much better since it has compound angles vs just a bent tube. Honestly I bought it for looks and brand consistencey in my engine bay. It really makes the engine more presentable when not running a cover.

Took my FIST to an alignment shop. (I just had Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires fitted and I wanted to be sure everything was up to spec.) Just as I was parking, one of the shop employees walked by. He stopped, looked at my car, and asked, “Is that some kind of Honda?” When I told him it was a Ford, he just looked puzzled and walked on. Soon after, a tech came out to drive my car onto the lift and do the alignment. He circled my car and then with a confused look said, “What IS this?” (In fairness, I did partially debadge by removing the Fiesta logo.) After I told him Ford Fiesta ST, it was all good. Apparently, our cars are a pretty rare sight and virtually invisible to most people (which is just fine with me). I was reminded of the old SNL sketch with Steve Martin and Bill Murray. “What the hell is that?” Too funny!

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Took my FIST to an alignment shop. (I just had Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires fitted and I wanted to be sure everything was up to spec.) Just as I was parking, one of the shop employees walked by. He stopped, looked at my car, and asked, “Is that some kind of Honda?” When I told him it was a Ford, he just looked puzzled and walked on. Soon after, a tech came out to drive my car onto the lift and do the alignment. He circled my car and then with a confused look said, “What IS this?” (In fairness, I did partially debadge by removing the Fiesta logo.) After I told him Ford Fiesta ST, it was all good. Apparently, our cars are a pretty rare sight and virtually invisible to most people (which is just fine with me). I was reminded of the old SNL sketch with Steve Martin and Bill Murray. “What the hell is that?” Too funny!
What size*?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Installed vdyno and did a comparison of power output with and without an exhaust silencer in a 2.75" Tsudo catback which I'm not the greatest fan of lol. Datalog with silencer installed accidentally began at 3500 rpm so peak torque may be a wee bit higher in that run but it shows the 11 whp loss up top. Both runs were made within an hour of each other and on the exact same stretch of road. Also SAE corrected and as accurate as I could make them. The only stock exhaust datalog was taken at 90 degrees fahrenheit in summer so I couldn't add that for an accurate comparison. Only other mods are a glorious Dizzy Stage 1 tune with colder plugs and a Ramair filter. Cheers

Temp: 60 degrees Fahrenheit
Gear: 3rd
Altitude: 49 feet above sea level

Attachments