Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did your Ford Fiesta ST replace?

FiST replaced a 92 C4 Vette with a 383 strocker motor with 450hp. Running 315s on all 4 corners it had a ton of grip, until you stabbed the throttle instead of rolling into it. It drove like a big happy go-kart. I sold because A) having to fix something every time you drove it got old (80s GM engineering wasnt great), and B) I wanted something PAX competative. My little C4 against C7 Z06's with a ton of money into them didn't stand much chance at the national level. I miss the V8 rumble and the bullet proof ZF6, but love the Fiesta Always Fun attitude.

9C6D4842-AD1E-4C9D-AEE0-259E11A12CB7.JPG

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My Fist replaced a 2005 Ford Focus ZXW wagon that I totaled. The ZXW was very practical, good on gas and loads of space. It definitely wasn't as fun though.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had a red Focus hatchback that was owned by an old lady who lived in Glendale (not Pasadena) who only used it to go shopping. It only had 23,000 on the clock in 8 years! The interior was like the day it was bought! Bodywork was perfect and then I got the ST. Wish I'd kept the Focus as well.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had a red Focus hatchback that was owned by an old lady who lived in Glendale (not Pasadena) who only used it to go shopping. It only had 23,000 on the clock in 8 years! The interior was like the day it was bought! Bodywork was perfect and then I got the ST. Wish I'd kept the Focus as well.
ZX3 or ZX5? Manual or automatic?

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
3 door hatch. Stick shift and I added a stainless steel cat back exhaust from FSWerks which is gathering dust in my garage as the new owner didn't want it. Anyone looking for one?

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
3 door hatch. Stick shift and I added a stainless steel cat back exhaust from FSWerks which is gathering dust in my garage as the new owner didn't want it. Anyone looking for one?
Very cool! If I wasn't on the other side of the country I would be interested in the exhaust lol

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Make me a decent offer and I'll see what I can do. It's complete with NO dents and comes complete.

My first FiST (my avatar) replaced my Powerworks supercharged '04 SVT Focus. The SVT was amazing - '04, EAP, Sonic Blue, 5 door variant which was very rare. Long story short, SVT was amazing but I freaked myself out after supercharging it, in terms of reliability, and dumped it for really no reason.

Then I replaced my white platinum FiST with a '12 GTI, which, again, was an amazing car. I only replaced my FiST because I wanted to get out of the car payment.

My '12 GTI replaced by a '12 Mazdaspeed 3. Fantastic car, but I wanted to mod it which made me afraid of zoom zoom boom. o_O

Ditched the MS3 for an '07 GTI. Absolutely awesome car, but its age was catching up to it and my itch for another FiST came back because I sold my last one way too fast (I think my 1st FiST had ~6k miles on it).

So here I am, back again after finding an absolutely dreamy '17 orange spice FiST, fully loaded, with only 3300 miles. Found it on the fateful 2/22/22 day within 2 hours of it being posted to Facebook which makes for a cool story. :cool:

I 110% intend on keeping this car for a long time. I'll be making a thread for it soon. :D

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My first FiST (my avatar) replaced my Powerworks supercharged '04 SVT Focus. The SVT was amazing - '04, EAP, Sonic Blue, 5 door variant which was very rare. Long story short, SVT was amazing but I freaked myself out after supercharging it, in terms of reliability, and dumped it for really no reason.

Then I replaced my white platinum FiST with a '12 GTI, which, again, was an amazing car. I only replaced my FiST because I wanted to get out of the car payment.

My '12 GTI replaced by a '12 Mazdaspeed 3. Fantastic car, but I wanted to mod it which made me afraid of zoom zoom boom. o_O

Ditched the MS3 for an '07 GTI. Absolutely awesome car, but its age was catching up to it and my itch for another FiST came back because I sold my last one way too fast (I think my 1st FiST had ~6k miles on it).

So here I am, back again after finding an absolutely dreamy '17 orange spice FiST, fully loaded, with only 3300 miles. Found it on the fateful 2/22/22 day within 2 hours of it being posted to Facebook which makes for a cool story. :cool:

I 110% intend on keeping this car for a long time. I'll be making a thread for it soon. :D
Ok, since you mentioned that you had an svt Focus, I have to ask: fist or svtf which do you like better? So far, everyone has preferred the fist, but a supercharged focus sounds pretty fun.

Ok, since you mentioned that you had an svt Focus, I have to ask: fist or svtf which do you like better? So far, everyone has preferred the fist, but a supercharged focus sounds pretty fun.
Glad you asked!

The SVT Focus was 100% the closest car I've owned to a FiST. Both had similar handling characteristics but the FiST definitely has a sharper turn in where the SVTF is a little lazier feeling.

Power wise, the supercharged SVTF pulled similarly, overall, to a stock FiST just with less punch since the supercharger had a more linear powerband. If anything, I've always said the FiST is like a modern day SVTF, especially compared to the very "meh" Focus ST of today. My car journey actually started with a '14 Focus ST which was cool for like a year but got boring/old very quick.

I think everyone would enjoy driving the SVT Focus at least once. Don't buy one (it's a trap!), just find one to drive and see how it feels. It's such a great driver-focused car.