Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Windshield replacement

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
In this place that I happen to live, windshields are essentially a consumable. So, you drive until you HAVE to replace it, which is where I am now. The price isn't a major factor - but, the installer is asking if I need one with GPS or rain sensor. My FiST does not have navigation, but one of the vehicle information bits is the longitude/latitude, which suggests to me that the GPS is actually there, but the NAV software hasn't been installed/activated. So, I guess my question is - which one should I have installed? Given that I don't have/use Ford NAV, I suppose just a basic windshield would do... Have I just answered by own question??

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I think you need to get one with the GPS. The other one might be for just the regular Fiesta. Also if it matters, you have to go through a Ford dealer to get the OEM, most shops will just install aftermarket ones.

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Hmm...

I think you need to get one with the GPS. The other one might be for just the regular Fiesta. Also if it matters, you have to go through a Ford dealer to get the OEM, most shops will just install aftermarket ones.
Did you edit your message? Email notification said "rain sensor" instead of GPS, as it says now... :)

I don't care about OEM through, it will get cracked in a matter of weeks...

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Oem

Ford glass is twice as expensive. Ad I will have to buy another one in three months.

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Don't buy into the cheap Chinese glass either. Try to get the Ford glass.
I would normally buy OEM - but, here given the abundance of trucks on the highway, the FiSTs windshield is in the line of fire - and I'd be replacing the glass twice a year. And, I take it to the track, so there is pelting with rocks and rubber as well. Unless there are gross optic distortions, I can deal with minor issues and potentially, more noise.