Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SrsBsns

Installed a 2J on my '15 about a month or so ago... Probably more than that. Loving it. The FiST sounds like a spaceship when I'm getting onto the freeway.

I thought it was going to be super overbearing and difficult to have conversations in the car but it's honestly not that bad. Definitely loud when you're under throttle, but for most normal driving, it's not a crazy obnoxious thing.

Well I ordered the cobb for my year so hopefully the evac system wont be an issue. Comes today so we shall see....

Keep in mind I have zero firsthand experience here but there seem to be mixed reports of how well the Cobb/Mishi/etc. adapters work on the 2016+ evap system. Some folks report flawless performance, others report they’re shit. As far as I’m aware, the Mountune induction hose is the only one that’s perfectly plug and play with 2016+ evap. which requires you purchase the intake, induction hose, and crossover all separately. That said it’s super easy to convert to a 2014-15 evap harness so you can run whatever intake you want with an OEM solution.
yeah the more i research the more i think a snorkel, drilling holes in the bottom of the airbox and getting a polished crossover pipe seem to be the best dollar/performance/reliability solution (those S200 airboxes ain't cheap)
edit: OR just getting a crossover pipe and an S200 airbox used from a forum member

Last edited:
yeah the more i research the more i think a snorkel, drilling holes in the bottom of the airbox and getting a polished crossover pipe seem to be the best dollar/performance/reliability solution (those S200 airboxes ain't cheap)
I prefer the stock airbox over a full replacement intake. The filter has been replaced with a Cobb. I have a Whoosh induction hose to an upgraded crossover pipe and all of the hoses upgraded that have to do with the Whoosh V3 intercooler. I’ve been hesitant to do the hole trick in the bottom of the box but I’m open to it if anyone has positive feedback on the mod. I plan to add a Velossa Big Mouth for the hell of it. But wouldn’t the holes in the bottom of the intake negatively affect the Big Mouth?

I prefer the stock airbox over a full replacement intake. The filter has been replaced with a Cobb. I have a Whoosh induction hose to an upgraded crossover pipe and all of the hoses upgraded that have to do with the Whoosh V3 intercooler. I’ve been hesitant to do the hole trick in the bottom of the box but I’m open to it if anyone has positive feedback on the mod. I plan to add a Velossa Big Mouth for the hell of it. But wouldn’t the holes in the bottom of the intake negatively affect the Big Mouth?
so you prefer stock over the full replacement system you put together yourself? (cobb filter > whoosh induction > crossover pipe)

edit: the snorkel doesn't help feed more air into the airbox. i think velossa markets it like it does and some people think that but it's not backed by science (it would need a way to increase the air pressure since in the end it's still atmospheric air going through the same endpoint). it just places the intake farther away from the warm radiator and enlarges the opening so my takeaway is it still provides value by decreasing the temps getting to the airbox. i think some people argue you need to wrap the snorkel in heat reflective material to realize that improvement though which may be true. drilling holes in the bottom of the OEM airbox shouldn't change any of that. the S200 airbox has a massive opening in the bottom feeding even colder air then this DIY hack and engineers much smarter than me figured out it doesn't hurt the air intake coming through the original feed. maybe at a stop it might do something but not when traveling at any speeds.

Last edited:
Looks like I got here at the perfect time.

I just bought a 2017 that has an older style full cobb intake system with that cone filter and the flat top. Not the newer box style.

He didn't include the stock intake system, otherwise I would have put that on.

Anyway, obviously it's giving me the p2282 code.

I've found those older adapters that cobb used to sell for $40. I've also found the threads about the older style evap harness for $120~. Does anyone know the difference between the Ford older style harness, and what Whoosh sells for over $160?

Question: I ONLY have the cobb tubing. If I get rid of the actual filter part and plugged in an injen short ram, would I still get the CEL? The code obviously detects something between the intake and the throttle body.

I may just bite the bullet and buy that $120 harness.

Last edited:
Installed a Whoosh V2 short ram with a Ramair foam filter. Unfortunately, the filter hits this bracket between the headlight and radiator.
Has anyone else had this happen?
Does it matter?

Attachments

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Installed a Whoosh V2 short ram with a Ramair foam filter. Unfortunately, the filter hits this bracket between the headlight and radiator.
Has anyone else had this happen?
Does it matter?
https://www.dremel.com/us/en ;)

seriously though, if you loosen up the screw holding the filter onto the MAF adapter you can tweak the filter around. I've found most FiST intakes with cone filters need a bit of that. I have the other ramair intake that points downward and I had to finagle the filter around to make it work correctly without rubbing. Remember the engine rocks around, if its rubbing now, it will possibly wear a hole later. Maybe send the pics to ron for clarification if nobody replies. Or, check youtube there are probably videos of people doing the install

I did try adjusting the filter around but I will give it another shot. Thanks for the tip, I didn't think about the rubbing becoming a hole. :eek:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
It’ll move a lot as it’s not supported by any bracket. I’d try loosening the induction hose clamps on both ends and try to point the filter downwards some. Break out the trusty razor and trim the silicone if needed to create an angled face.

Dialcaliper

Looks like I got here at the perfect time.

I just bought a 2017 that has an older style full cobb intake system with that cone filter and the flat top. Not the newer box style.

He didn't include the stock intake system, otherwise I would have put that on.

Anyway, obviously it's giving me the p2282 code.

I've found those older adapters that cobb used to sell for $40. I've also found the threads about the older style evap harness for $120~. Does anyone know the difference between the Ford older style harness, and what Whoosh sells for over $160?

Question: I ONLY have the cobb tubing. If I get rid of the actual filter part and plugged in an injen short ram, would I still get the CEL? The code obviously detects something between the intake and the throttle body.

I may just bite the bullet and buy that $120 harness.
What whoosh sells is the OEM Evap harness from the older cars for slightly less than dealer prices. There are other harnesses out there that are more like “adapters” for cheaper, but obviously the OEM is the cleanest solution and is pretty easy to swap, as long as you have an intake or induction hose designed for the older cars.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
appreciate the gesture but i actually got the hookup from another forum member. thanks again though.
Ah....you done missed out then as I am putting my one off Greyfist Halo fog lights with intake opening for the ST200 hose with them. For those of you interested in the setup....keep an eye out in the for sale ads.

Ah....you done missed out then as I am putting my one off Greyfist Halo fog lights with intake opening for the ST200 hose with them. For those of you interested in the setup....keep an eye out in the for sale ads.
read up on grayfist's 3D printed setup and it looks great. shame he never shared/sold the 3D plans. that said i was never going to consider the fog light delete for any use case. GLWS.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
read up on grayfist's 3D printed setup and it looks great. shame he never shared/sold the 3D plans. that said i was never going to consider the fog light delete for any use case. GLWS.
I also do not want to give up the fog lights, but I wish that someone made a replacement whole new bezel insert which has a venturi opening for the ST200 hose next to the light, instead of replacing it. [:(]

I also do not want to give up the fog lights, but I wish that someone made a replacement whole new bezel insert which has a venturi opening for the ST200 hose next to the light, instead of replacing it. [:(]
the best "hack" i've found is to buy/dremel something like this Pair For Ford Fiesta 2013-2016 2014 2015 Honeycomb Lower Fog Light Grille 2x/Set | eBay for our NA OEM bezel and custom make a bracket to hold the hose in place

edit: by "dremel" i mean punch horizontal cuts into the existing bezel. that's the option i've seen a one or two forum members use but just to increase airflow, not to hook up the hoses to

Gonna kinda necro this thread here to ask something that's probably answered on like page 24, but oh well

Where does the ST200 OEM bottom CAI hose mount to? It's still got fog lights, and having a hose just kinda hanging down seems like a silly thing for Ford to do. Does anyone have pictures of an ST200's intake?

That's where we stuff it, but where did Ford stuff it? I know this is a mostly North American forum, but I was hoping there might be some kind of European that knew for sure.