Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Was flying on a radiator swap. Was feeling good as I was starting to install the new one only a lil after an hour in. Ran into some poor fitment. Bought a “whoosh radiator” second hand on FB. Looks the part but looking at it closer today I noticed the tabs are just wonky. So who knows. I tried everything I could to get it to fit. Hoursssss! Couldn’t get it to swing into the condenser properly, or back into the original mounting points at the bottom. Finally gave up and gunna have to take a grinder to it. That or carefully to the condenser 🥴 If you’ve got insight on whoosh radiator installs LMK please.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Was flying on a radiator swap. Was feeling good as I was starting to install the new one only a lil after an hour in. Ran into some poor fitment. Bought a “whoosh radiator” second hand on FB. Looks the part but looking at it closer today I noticed the tabs are just wonky. So who knows. I tried everything I could to get it to fit. Hoursssss! Couldn’t get it to swing into the condenser properly, or back into the original mounting points at the bottom. Finally gave up and gunna have to take a grinder to it. That or carefully to the condenser 🥴 If you’ve got insight on whoosh radiator installs LMK please.
Maybe Ron@whoosh will chime in for you!

Looks to me from your 4th picture dont quote me on this or make me responsible for your radiator if a weld cracks or it leaks but if you took an adjustable wrench and carefully bent the brackets to line up with the bottom mounting points the rest of it should fall into place without breaking out the grinder. Could be more going on here though then just that.

Yea I learned a valuable lesson. Taking a ride share to work today. I’ll be saving the wrenching for the weekend now.
That’s an idea. The squared hollow pieces didn’t want to receive the pointed nipple chingus-es on the bottom of the condenser. Maybe if I tweak that bottom peg with a wrench I’ll go.

Yea I learned a valuable lesson. Taking a ride share to work today. I’ll be saving the wrenching for the weekend now.
That’s an idea. The squared hollow pieces didn’t want to receive the pointed nipple chingus-es on the bottom of the condenser. Maybe if I tweak that bottom peg with a wrench I’ll go.
It should be "chingaderas" instead of "chingus-es" :p

Copy that. The mountune induction hose is the only aftermarket intake with the proper Venturi valve that works like OEM with the 16+ evap. Drilled holes totally works for the airbox though
that was the only route i was considering but it seems like Mountune stopped making it (sold out in both the USA and English website)

Whoosh radiator take #2.

I contacted the seller. He provided a receipt, so it is in fact a whoosh. ✅

I noticed one of the square tabs was very wonky. Bent it up, hoping that will be enough for that section. Bent some other sections. After cross referencing the Oem radiator, I found that the bottom pegs were a 1/4” inch closer than the original. Took a grinder to make clearance on the inside edges and smidge on the ends. 🤞🏼

Attachments

Well... both my axles have ripped boots and have slinged a bunch of axle grease around the underside of my front end. Tried to order some Mfactory axles but Whoosh gave me a refund almost immediatly. Rock auto had some OEM axles shipped out next day to get me going for now. In other sad news... I also blew my charge pipe on the hot side.Part of the hot side pipe was collapsed in so it was only a matter of time before the pipe blew off. Whoosh hooked me up with 3 day shipping on their hot and cold side kit.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well... both my axles have ripped boots and have slinged a bunch of axle grease around the underside of my front end. Tried to order some Mfactory axles but Whoosh gave me a refund almost immediatly. Rock auto had some OEM axles shipped out next day to get me going for now. In other sad news... I also blew my charge pipe on the hot side.Part of the hot side pipe was collapsed in so it was only a matter of time before the pipe blew off. Whoosh hooked me up with 3 day shipping on their hot and cold side kit.
Hotside pipe was collapsed in? Pics pf collapsed portion?

KXNGABE85

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Still working on my intake, so I added the Velossa Tech Big Mouth. Driving around normal temps can range from 4-8 degrees ambient with the stock air box snorkel asks now the big mouth, noticeable improvement in air temps. Plus when on the stock airbox I would consistently see 178-181 Hp on the accessport hp estimate gauge, now I have seen up to 194.9 hp on the first morning pull after everything is warmed up. After driving around with hi temps on the intake I'm still getting at least 180-185ish. So helps imo. And sounds insane lol

Attachments

Installed a Focuway dash cam. It came with a rear cam as well and was really easy to install. There was already a hardwire installed from the previous owner but I couldn’t use this dash cam as the usb port was different. Took it off and just used the cigarette lighter port. Ran the wires on the side of the center console, up the glove box, and up the passenger side trim up to the dash cam. The rear one I ran the wire where the washer fluid tube comes out of, down to the headliner and down the passenger side. Took about an hour for both. B1EC4B85-1B20-42D8-A290-81A36D6C4F51.jpeg E05A5D3F-A0F2-46CC-B801-3CA75B909A7B.jpeg D189D06C-8CDA-4863-9560-8B464E1BCB7F.jpeg CCBECB8B-FB5C-4DEE-94F2-B9A73A566D5C.jpeg

Dialcaliper

Custom spring experiment with 225F/200R spring rates at stock ride height (on stock/B6 struts) Also, getting nice and dirty!

Made a longer writeup post about it and also finally had an excuse to sit down a make a build post

Attachments

Hotside pipe was collapsed in? Pics pf collapsed portion?
I will get some pics of it when I get the new ones in. It is the s bend section that goes into the intercooler on the hot side. I've been doing alot of finger pointing at the previous owner as I keep finding mods that were done poorly on this car. The cold side looks to be intact with no ripped hoses or pipes.