Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Powerflex inserts ✅ thanks to all the info available here of course. For the trans side vise grips and a lil finesse worked better than my C clamp to secure the small locking portion.

(See picture) Anyone know what this is on the same side at the trans? There was a fair amount of grime/ oil all around this whole area. Below that item and surrounding it on the trans so I cleaned it up to try and hone in on a source/ sources. ?

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Powerflex inserts ✅ thanks to all the info available here of course. For the trans side vise grips and a lil finesse worked better than my C clamp to secure the small locking portion.

(See picture) Anyone know what this is on the same side at the trans? There was a fair amount of grime/ oil all around this whole area. Below that item and surrounding it on the trans so I cleaned it up to try and hone in on a source/ sources. ?
That is a vibration damper*

Plans cancelled. Cleaned up yak from my Son. On the way to his friends Bday party too. Rough day. Wasn’t able to clean it all out while tending to him as well. Spoiler Alert, the ole Blot method with some cleaners didn’t do much for the stank. Rip Recaros! Lol Just snagged some baking soda and will hit it again in the AM with the new wet vac I just got from Lowes. Too late now to wake the neighbors, as that would be a reason for them to complain about me wrenching in the street on my car.

Attachments

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Plans cancelled. Cleaned up yak from my Son. On the way to his friends Bday party too. Rough day. Wasn’t able to clean it all out while tending to him as well. Spoiler Alert, the ole Blot method with some cleaners didn’t do much for the stank. Rip Recaros! Lol Just snagged some baking soda and will hit it again in the AM with the new wet vac I just got from Lowes. Too late now to wake the neighbors, as that would be a reason for them to complain about me wrenching in the street on my car.
Spray a little water on it, then vacuum. Repeat the process until the entire seat is damp, then vacuum it dry. The drier the better.
See how it smells later, then repeat the process if needed.
DON'T try to mask a smell with air fresheners, etc. It should just smell normal.
- Old fu*k who's done this way too many times.

Last edited:
Spray a little water on it, then vacuum. Repeat the process until the entire seat is damp, then vacuum it dry. The drier the better.
See how it smells later, then repeat the process if needed.
DON'T try to mask a smell with air fresheners, etc. It should just smell normal.
- Old fu*k who's done this way too many times.
Thanks for the insight. I basically did that again today after vacuuming up the baking soda. I’ll have to see tmrw how it dries. Like you said might have to just keep doing it for a few days.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for the insight. I basically did that again today after vacuuming up the baking soda. I’ll have to see tmrw how it dries. Like you said might have to just keep doing it for a few days.
Check out the Product called Natures miracle* Even though its for pets it can also be used for Human accidents too!

Anybody running a defouler? I installed a Whoosh catted DP and Thermal exhaust and now throwing P0420 codes. Am I better off with a straight or a right angle defouler?

Doing my front end work tomorrow at the diy shop. Koyo radiator with TB performance crash bar. Finally got everything to complete the job. Also got a lead on a Brembos brake kit 2 hr from my location. I just keep finding deals to complete my Fiesta build. I think one of the last things I need is a custom tune from Purple Drank and the car will be ready for some fun at my annual Dragon meet with some Honda guys.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Doing my front end work tomorrow at the diy shop. Koyo radiator with TB performance crash bar. Finally got everything to complete the job. Also got a lead on a Brembos brake kit 2 hr from my location. I just keep finding deals to complete my Fiesta build. I think one of the last things I need is a custom tune from Purple Drank and the car will be ready for some fun at my annual Dragon meet with some Honda guys.
giphy.gif

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Say what about a brembo kit that’ll fit our car??

1nsanity

Premium Account
Finally decided to go the 16x7 route on a 205 50. It feels plush and soaks up alot of the messed up city streets that would have made me cringe on the stocks. I love how it fills out as I kept the suspension relatively stock. I should have done it sooner as its more a daily to get from point A to point B, but then covid hit and sat mostly as my job could be all done telecommuting but required a pandemic to to actually push that point across. I doubt i’ll ever autocross or even track. Just an occasional jaunt on the local backroad twisties I used to run my motard or roadbike in, but more to get to the my local out door range moreso for load development deep in Los Altos hills these days so taking it much more conservative lol.

I was looking into 15s or 16s right when I got it but found a deal straight away with someone who pulled the black oems and barely touched potenza, so pushed that at the back of my mind as I went Hybrid route right when I properly broke in the motor, the following year.

I wish I had done it sooner as made the ride more plush, which fits my driving style as I tend to drive pretty mellow these years. Also, considering I had already dinged up two rims, and always cringed when I hit hidden potholes that seemed to spring up even more so after that stretch of rain earlier this year in Northern CA.

Was actually putting off purchasing the ST and planned to upgrade the ole f150 and was looking at the new Ridgelines at the time, until I heard late in 2019 was going to be discontinued states side and decided was time to retire my 92 miata as my daily. Had to have the Fiesta delivered from Washington as could not locate any more of the last of the new stock in CA by then. She is a keeper…

Ford Community Posts