Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

One of my biggest jobs yet. Did my Koyo radiator, new core support, TB crash bar and Whoosh cold side charge pipe. The cooling system was finicky to burp and I almost overheated my engine trying to burp it but now it's functioning perfectly fine. Short drive to the gas station and never saw coolant go beyond 197 and it's 80 outside.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Did the mounting tabs all line up perfectly on the Kyorad?

When I get an aftermarket radiator, this is the one I want, but I wish I knew that it is even a (split) hair better (i.e.; more efficient, especially at idle in the heat) than the Mountune, or not.

I
^^^Did the mounting tabs all line up perfectly on the Kyorad?

When I get an aftermarket radiator, this is the one I want, but I wish I knew that it is even a (split) hair better (i.e.; more efficient, especially at idle in the heat) than the Mountune, or not.
It was finicky to get them to line up but everything went in place perfectly. I had a Koyo on my Honda and can't say enough positive things about it. This one seems to be working really good in 80 plus temps. You can't go wrong with this radiator.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Oil change and summer wheels on. Threw some Techron fuel system cleaner and going to drive it into work tomorrow (44 miles). See if I can clear up an intermittent idle drop. OAR and AFR look normal so far. Washing tomorrow so hopefully grab a pic or two.

1nsanity

Premium Account
Forgot the obligatory image on previous post. In any case, decided had been putting off on getting the Coolerworks short shifter. Had tried it on my friends Fost a while back and... wow. Finally ordered from Ron, which technically half counts towards this thread, no?

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oil change and summer wheels on. Threw some Techron fuel system cleaner and going to drive it into work tomorrow (44 miles). See if I can clear up an intermittent idle drop. OAR and AFR look normal so far. Washing tomorrow so hopefully grab a pic or two.
Use this stuff* specifically for DI engines and injectors. FML it's now discontinued! This happens with all the good stuff. If you can find it buy as much as you can.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X95H7K6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Here is another Good Gem*

https://www.amazon.com/BG44K-BG-44k...ocphy=9019702&hvtargid=pla-684507512052&psc=1

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I use this stuff;

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-liqui_moly-parts/dijectron-fuel-injection-cleaner-300ml/22076kt/

Yes, $$$ especially given the container size, but it is some powerful stuff, specifically formulated for D.I. systems with much more PEA content than others (you can smell that it is even stronger than the already strong Red Line SI-1 product).

And it is STILL available, unlike the Gold Eagle/104+ stuff which I could not find anywhere at all, and I searched high and low for it. [wink]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I use this stuff;

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-liqui_moly-parts/dijectron-fuel-injection-cleaner-300ml/22076kt/

Yes, $$$ especially given the container size, but it is some powerful stuff, specifically formulated for D.I. systems with much more PEA content than others (you can smell that it is even stronger than the already strong Red Line SI-1 product).

And it is STILL available, unlike the Gold Eagle/104+ stuff which I could not find anywhere at all, and I searched high and low for it. [wink]
When i found 104 i went and bought like 1 case worth from wally world on clearance and the rest off Bezozon* Ill keep this one for future reference also!

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Washed it. Trying out some new Turtle wax graphene tire dressing. Also changed out the passenger side window switch. Up was not working intermittently from that side only.

*idle drop is gone as well, reset KAM on way home today

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Bought EBC Blue Stuff NDX pads to change things up and try something new. I'll let everyone know thoughts on them VS. The yellow EBC I roll now with EBC Ultimax rotors also*

nIfHr81YJiKdy.gif

Last edited:
Finally got some time to start repairing the poor fist. Figured I'd replace the air bags that popped first. Drivers steering wheel was quick. The lower bag was a pain because the mounting nut closest to the gas pedal was not a straight shot. I used a watching wrench, and then the nut was far enough off that I could use a swivel shallow socket to get it the rest of the way off. The side airbag wasn't too bad. I just took my time making sure I got it in exactly like the old bag. Unfortunately my headliner has a crease, but I think at this point I'll just learn to live with it.

Attachments

Started pulling some stuff off the front of the car too, I'm surprised my diode dynamics were starting to corrode. (Three years with winters) Unfortunately not a warranty item so I started sandblasting the housing. I don't know if I'm going to unsolder the board to remove the electronics from the heatsink or not yet. I may wait until the corrosion gets worse on that part. Will get those powder coated in my next batch of things. I took off small parts/trim off my bumper to swap onto my new bumper. Need to finish unbolting and get a finalized list of parts I need to order.

Attachments

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Started pulling some stuff off the front of the car too, I'm surprised my diode dynamics were starting to corrode. (Three years with winters) Unfortunately not a warranty item so I started sandblasting the housing. I don't know if I'm going to unsolder the board to remove the electronics from the heatsink or not yet. I may wait until the corrosion gets worse on that part. Will get those powder coated in my next batch of things. I took off small parts/trim off my bumper to swap onto my new bumper. Need to finish unbolting and get a finalized list of parts I need to order.
Man that winter slush is a killer