Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

curious
you returned the bravo and other parts to us but now have the bravo again?
also, why would you install a downpipe that necks down to 2.5" or smaller when that car has a big turbo kit and 3" Thermal exhaust already?
interesting....
Yes I don't like thinking about it :LOL: I needed money for a new car and wasn't going to get another fiesta but I found a deal couldn't pass up! It think it’s same as the catless downpipe that you sell but without a mounting point. I would've kept the cat but I had the catless from my other fiesta still so might as well.

How did you get the huge gash in your charge pipe? You didn't notice that until you did this work?
It was scraping on the frame. I think after time, all the engine movement wore it down. I would've NEVER found it however I dropped a bolt in it while re-installing the turbo and when I took it off, the gash was revealed.

Last edited:
It was scraping on the frame. I think after time, all the engine movement wore it down. I would've NEVER found it however I dropped a bolt in it while re-installing the turbo and when I took it off, the gash was revealed.
Wow. I cant believe you couldn't hear that or didnt notice till now. You might want to get under the car and give a look see more often. Seems like that would take a while to wear through that much.

Also it looks like the new IC is mounted crooked from the pics.

Looks like you have your hands full over there, good luck.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Yes I don't like thinking about it :LOL: I needed money for a new car and wasn't going to get another fiesta but I found a deal couldn't pass up! It's actually the exact same as the catless downpipe that you sell but without a mounting point, it doesn't bottle neck at all, full 3". I would've kept the cat but I had the catless from my other fiesta still so might as well.

depo must have changed their downpipe then they are not 3" at the flange
we have one here, it's under 2.5"
have a pic?

depo must have changed their downpipe then they are not 3" at the flange
we have one here, it's under 2.5"
have a pic?
D608389A-12F8-4DD4-8D42-AED1D3F4865E.jpeg

You’re right! It’s just a slight bottleneck I didn’t notice cause they both matched up to the exhaust almost the same. I feel the cat restricts a more than the .5” in one spot, but that’s good to know 👍🏽 I guess I have to buy your ceramic coated catless when I sell the catted one

Wow. I cant believe you couldn't hear that or didnt notice till now. You might want to get under the car and give a look see more often. Seems like that would take a while to wear through that much.

Also it looks like the new IC is mounted crooked from the pics.

Looks like you have your hands full over there, good luck.
I think the gash was just too big to make a lot of noise, I did notice I wasn't hitting the right boost but part of the reason was that the turbo-to-downpipe flange was only being held on by 1 of 5 bolts. I've only had the car for two weeks and spent over 24 hours sitting under the car already I think anymore than that would kill me. & yes I was still installing it when I took the pic its no longer crooked. thank you!

Last edited:
View attachment 21636

You’re right! It’s just a slight bottleneck I didn’t notice cause they both matched up to the exhaust almost the same. I feel the cat restricts a more than the .5” in one spot, but that’s good to know 👍🏽 I guess I have to buy your ceramic coated catless when I sell the catted one

Not trying to pile on but you should notice shit like this. Its clearly necked down. More shit does not always equal better.

Today all I did was finally wash the ST, but last week I put on the black/red RA mudflaps, Boomba wing risers, and the pedal spacer. And I have a Boomba short shift plate coming from another user here that should come in next week!

View attachment 21636

I have the MRX with a Mountune dp with a 2.5” flanged exit into a 3” Thermal. No problems here

brbauer2

Got my dash cam footage uploaded from the autocross today.

PLAYLIST

Final time results won't be in for a couple days, but I improved my raw times before cone penalties on every run :cool: and only had 4 cones for the entire day :D

Ended up with a 52.727 on Run 11.

There was only one other FiST today and I got him by a couple seconds [driving]

A little three wheel action [rockon]

Course Map

Last edited:
Not trying to pile on but you should notice shit like this. Its clearly necked down. More shit does not always equal better.
It doesn't make a difference if I noticed or not its not a big deal. A cat restricts more than a .5 inch bottleneck and I had it lying around in my garage so why not install it. You're starting to get annoying how bout you worry about your own build then if youre just gonna say stupid shit that's not helpful at all

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It doesn't make a difference if I noticed or not its not a big deal. A cat restricts more than a .5 inch bottleneck and I had it lying around in my garage so why not install it. You're starting to get annoying how bout you worry about your own build then if youre just gonna say stupid shit that's not helpful at all
I agree. That dude is being a dick to you for no reason.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

There are others with the MRX running a 3” catless dp into a Mountune exhaust which is 2.5”. Unless there’s a banana 🍌 in your tailpipe it’s going to flow. Nitpicky people are boring. Get it set up and let ‘er rip!

Spork1569

I finally decided to hardwire my dash cam with a cheap Amazon kit and it is very much worth it. I don't know who at Ford thought it was a good idea for the front power socket to have constant power even with the car off.[idea][?|]

Nonetheless it looks so much cleaner without the cable running out of the center console, as well as much less hassle of plugging and unplugging the camera everytime I hop in the car.

Von

Finally ponied up and bought a RMM. Went with Boomba. I like it. Much more raw feeling, but shifting/accelerating has never been smoother

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

brbauer2

Picked up a set of Whiteline springs a few days ago. Couldn't wait tossing the rears on. Fronts will be tomorrow if the weather is decent.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

brbauer2

Finally ponied up and bought a RMM. Went with Boomba. I like it. Much more raw feeling, but shifting/accelerating has never been smoother.

Love my Boomba! Nearly 45k miles on it and still doing its job.

Von

First time after installing it I thought I had the parking brake on, crazy how different the car reacts when the engine can't get thrown around the entire bay

brbauer2

Got the front Whiteline springs on. Also took the time to do the Whoosh boost hoses and crossover pipe I bought last fall.

I'm running 205/45r17 tires and there's no rubbing under normal to moderate driving. Next autocross is on the 28th, so I'll see then if I'm good with this size.

Mikey456

Got the front Whiteline springs on. Also took the time to do the Whoosh boost hoses and crossover pipe I bought last fall.

I'm running 205/45r17 tires and there's no rubbing under normal to moderate driving. Next autocross is on the 28th, so I'll see then if I'm good with this size.

Let us know if u experience tire rub on track. What tire brand r u running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk