Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Weird. I've never had this come up. When the CEL starts flashing should I continue to hold the gas and brakes down?
Mine's never come on, either.
The procedure is on p. 187 of my manual. Your manual may be a page or 2 off from mine. Look for OIL CHANGE INDICATOR RESET.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
After like a thousand attempts and many screw up by the manufacturers, I finally got my wing riser kit on.
So - what does actually do, other than the looks? Anything? Everyone and their mother sells these riser kits, but I have no idea of what they’re for. I’d imagine that raising it would create turbulence around the gap and diminish the downforce. That is if this thing actually produces any, raised or not.

So - what does actually do, other than the looks? Anything? Everyone and their mother sells these riser kits, but I have no idea of what they’re for. I’d imagine that raising it would create turbulence around the gap and diminish the downforce. That is if this thing actually produces any, raised or not.
They're purely cosmetic. Any benefit is negligible.

I want more performance I guess. I love the look of my car, but I am open to do little things here and there...
That mod bug bites fucking hard though, I’ve had my car since March and the only thing that was already on there was the awr rear motor mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I want more performance I guess. I love the look of my car, but I am open to doing little things here and there...
Well, the usual go-to mods are a Rear Motor Mount, I highly recommend the Whoosh mount, I have it on my car. Also, a new Intercooler, again, a Whoosh V3 is a great choice. After that is an E30 tune. That usually maxes out the stock turbo at 230 horsepower. Besides that, it's kinda up to you. Intake kits are alright, a catch can is said to be useful, and a catback exhaust sounds good, but won't perform much better. The 2 "best" tuners are Dizzy (more linear power) and Stratified (more aggressive power) and you'll obviously need an accessport. Hit up the classifieds on this forum for some great deals!

Today i removed the engine cover and hood blanket. I suspect it's allowed more air to circulate through the engine bay and flush out some of the hot air in there. I have noticed my oil, intake and charge temps slightly lower in relation to ambient than they were before. Anybody else try this and find the same?

Well, the usual go-to mods are a Rear Motor Mount, I highly recommend the Whoosh mount, I have it on my car. Also, a new Intercooler, again, a Whoosh V3 is a great choice. After that is an E30 tune. That usually maxes out the stock turbo at 230 horsepower. Besides that, it's kinda up to you. Intake kits are alright, a catch can is said to be useful, and a catback exhaust sounds good, but won't perform much better. The 2 "best" tuners are Dizzy (more linear power) and Stratified (more aggressive power) and you'll obviously need an accessport. Hit up the classifieds on this forum for some great deals!
This is great advice. I have the RMM already and CAI. I got my AP and e30 tune recently, wow. It feels like another car, so much more power. I went with Stratified and it's pretty amazing, i can't floor it in 2nd anymore or the tires spin like crazy. The car still grips bc it's a FIST but i can feel the tires spinning and i don't want to replace them this soon so i take it easy in 2nd now.

I remember how 2nd used to feel before a tune when i'd floor it, lots of power and not quite breaking loose, now that's how 3rd feels. On the edge of breaking traction with a ton of pull but it lasts longer of course. So much tq with e30, i can actually keep my AC on and still feel the power. 2nd gear used to be my favorite gear bc i could really feel the power, now i love 3rd.

Power kicks in at about 2500 hard, tons of torque. It's a fun tune, if you are looking for a fairly cheap upgrade for a noticable power bump, go e30. I got my AP for $400 used and the tune for $100, no other $500 will give you results like this. If you already have an AP it's super cheap.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Today i removed the engine cover and hood blanket. I suspect it's allowed more air to circulate through the engine bay and flush out some of the hot air in there. I have noticed my oil, intake and charge temps slightly lower in relation to ambient than they were before. Anybody else try this and find the same?
I've also done this, but have not closely monitored it to see if there are actual results from doing so.
I figured that it cannot hurt to do these deletes.

I have NOT had the myriad overheating problems many on here have had while retaining the factory radiator (with just this, a substantially higher water concentration, and a bottle of Kool-It in the radiator during the summer months, but also a front skid plate which in theory should heat things up some),

But then again, I am NOT doing 30-45 minute open track sessions in the southwest heat either, like many on here who HAVE had problems with the factory radiator. [wink]

I've also done this, but have not closely monitored it to see if there are actual results from doing so.
I figured that it cannot hurt to do these deletes.

I have NOT had the myriad overheating problems many on here have had while retaining the factory radiator (with just this, a substantially higher water concentration, and a bottle of Kool-It in the radiator during the summer months, but also a front skid plate which in theory should heat things up some),

But then again, I am NOT doing 30-45 minute open track sessions in the southwest heat either, like many on here who HAVE had problems with the factory radiator. [wink]
Do you happen to know what normal temps would be in the heat? The highest i can recall since i've had my AP is 217 for oil temps and that was on a day it was almost 100 and it was while sitting at a light after i'd been driving for a half hour or so. It's finally cooled down this week in Missouri, hit like 78 today.

I haven't had any overheating per se, but im not very educated on it either, just no warnings or drops in power. I've been running e30 for 3 days now and maybe that has helped lower temps? I'd like the factory rad to work out, i have several things i want to do first and can't afford to replace it on top of other stuff yet.

FWIW i have also noticed my intake and subsequently my charge temps closer to ambient since i removed the covers, i figured for the same reasons. It's got me thinking, would a custom mod to our hoods like adding vents, help in the same way? It seems like if hot engine air recycled into the intake worsens the issue, venting out that engine bay heat would only help. Just thinking out loud.