Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
So, I’m genuinely curious: what exactly does it do? I have these $90 fins from Velossa, but they are obviously for the looks, and I do like the way they look.

This is a much more substantial piece from Verus (and pricier, too) - so, there are expectations of some aero benefits.

Are there any numbers that would quantify the alleged downforce? Here’s a quote from one of the sites about aftermarket diffusers:

“Are aftermarket diffusers functional?
Rarely. Most aftermarket air diffusers are for show only. These rear diffusers do not efficiently increase airflow out the back of the vehicle from under the vehicle. They simply just add dead weight to the car and in some cases even increase turbulent air under the car thus reducing efficiency by increasing drag. Unless properly developed in a wind tunnel and the manufacturer posts graphs and numerical data showing efficiency increases through testing, the diffuser is just for show.”

So... ?
I think their primary functions are to take a pound of flesh from our shins and/or to discourage dogs who chase cars :giggle:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think their primary functions are to take a pound of flesh from our shins and/or to discourage dogs who chase cars :giggle:
Surprisingly enough...I have NEVER ramped my claudehoppers into my Fins....its not as bad as they look.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Decided to put a new set of rubbers on and went with 205/45ZR17 XL BFgoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 since these were the widest tread width (7.8") I can find in this size in the 205s. Checked the alignment and adjusted the toe a little to put it back in factory spec.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

joesiris

just finished putting on the new turn signals I ordered from whoosh. I know there is a thread for these elsewhere on the forum and towards the end of the thread it gets some negative feedback for fitment, but I had no issues, and that small gap towards the front of the unit really doesn't bother me. I like it. turn.jpg

Installed my Maxton design front splitter. Fit was pretty good. I didn't need to cut or mod anything, I'm very happy with the result. Its a little more subtle than some of the other offerings which is what I was after.
Special thanks to Ron@whoosh for getting this to me and putting up with my indecisiveness

Attachments

Have Koni yellows with swift spring/Mountune front splitter/Maxton rear spoiler extention/Morimoto fogs sitting in the garage,and Greddy exhaust coming in Thursday.Might do the exhaust next weekend.But the rest will wait till spring.

Installed my dual dash cam i had on the fost onto the Fist.
Awesome! Well needed these days. So many idiots on the road and they will always deny when they are in the wrong but you have video footage. I got the blackvue dr650s dual dash cam on my FiST.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Awesome! Well needed these days. So many idiots on the road and they will always deny when they are in the wrong but you have video footage. I got the blackvue dr650s dual dash cam on
Awesome! Well needed these days. So many idiots on the road and they will always deny when they are in the wrong but you have video footage. I got the blackvue dr650s dual dash cam on my FiST.
I got the thinkware F800pro few yrs ago on Xmas from wifey.And hell yeah to all the idiots on the rd.I drive for UPS so I see a lot of them.lol

joesiris

Installed my Maxton design front splitter. Fit was pretty good. I didn't need to cut or mod anything, I'm very happy with the result. Its a little more subtle than some of the other offerings which is what I was after.
Special thanks to Ron@whoosh for getting this to me and putting up with my indecisiveness
looks good. I too am having some indecisiveness, I go back and forth between which ones I like.

Went to install the mishimoto coolant expansion tank I bought and noticed it won’t work with my radium catch can (the lower coolant line that runs to the turbo doesn’t have enough room to click into place because of the 10an fitting on the catch can and the lower fitting on the tank are too close together.) Does anyone know if the pro alloy expansion tank will work with the radium? It looks like the lower coolant run offs on the pro alloy are angled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Went to install the mishimoto coolant expansion tank I bought and noticed it won’t work with my radium catch can (the lower coolant line that runs to the turbo doesn’t have enough room to click into place because of the 10an fitting on the catch can and the lower fitting on the tank are too close together.) Does anyone know if the pro alloy expansion tank will work with the radium? It looks like the lower coolant run offs on the pro alloy are angled.

the location of the Radium OCC prevents the use of the Mishimoto and Pro Alloy tanks
tI always suggest the revised Mishimoto OCC due to the proper 1/2" hose size and location because of this situation

the location of the Radium OCC prevents the use of the Mishimoto and Pro Alloy tanks
tI always suggest the revised Mishimoto OCC due to the proper 1/2" hose size and location because of this situation
Right on man thanks.

Replaced the what seems to be the OEM fomoco rotors on the car. They were so rusted onto the hub, it took a sledge to get them off. The Replacements are not OEM, just some cheap aftermarket from rock auto. I figure why pay the price for OEM when even the fomoco ones will rust out like that. Then went for a drive in the snow.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Replaced the what seems to be the OEM fomoco rotors on the car. They were so rusted onto the hub, it took a sledge to get them off. The Replacements are not OEM, just some cheap aftermarket from rock auto. I figure why pay the price for OEM when even the fomoco ones will rust out like that. Then went for a drive in the snow.
A light coating of antiseize on the hub can help alleviate the rotors from freezing on car.

A light coating of antiseize on the hub can help alleviate the rotors from freezing on car.

It all good dude. Nothing some propane torch and mini sledge can't handle. It's just something that shouldn't be so bad after 5 years. I've taken out 90s dodge caravan rotors that were as bad and difficult to remove as these ones.

How not to tear apart the vent dash to install a gauge. Oh well plenty of fiesta's at the local pick your parts salvage yard. Probably didn't help that it was 20° outside.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk