Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Installed a Boomba Short throw shifter today....Why didn't I do this earlier? It is very nice...ties the whole shifting experience together! Now that I'm off Mountune Shift adapter.The boomba is the shit!

4wz743geRfNDO.gif

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Installed a Boomba Short throw shifter today....Why didn't I do this earlier? It is very nice...ties the whole shifting experience together! Now that I'm off Mountune Shift adapter.The boomba is the shit!

View attachment 56130
Combo of both the trans adapter and shifter assembly is perfect with a shifter extension!

1nsanity

Premium Account
Refreshed the car a bit. Bought the car new in 2019 as the new daily and now at 24k miles. First mod was Whoosh rmm street followed shortly by the power flex inserts on the upper passenger motor and transmission mount. So guesstimating a period of 2-3 years and maybe 15k on rmm and 10 on the upper inserts for mounts. They took a beating, and I drove mostly conservative. I should have realized to check regularly as the feel of driving it faded and just became transport.

Since putting on the Coollerwoks, it has rejuvenated the wanting to just drive it. Now been trying to work more on smoothing controls, and man, did recent mods make a difference. I should have went that route sooner instead of just tossing in the hybrid when I broke it in..

Anyway, saw Typhoons and Doomsdays threads on Vibra Technics and decided to go that route. Already had a spare set of Street and I think trac (red) inserts for Whoosh Rmm and decided to try those first since had them. Amazing, has some vibrations but it’s really not bad.

Will go Vibra Technics rmm probably later this year though.

Attachments

To get the MBRP exhaust out I bought a cheapie $5 clamp from autozone to beat on. Was a pain. After heating the joint with map gas a handful of times and beating on the clamp with a hammer, I finally got it out.
New problem is I’m either thinking I missing something or the tunnel piece for my Thermal is just a bit bent. Lmk if this is where it’s supposed to bolt to…..? See pics

Also I scored that torch kit for $.01 at Home Depot. The lady was like it’s probably on clearance. I paused and was like you sure ??? and kept it pushing lmao 🤘🏼

Attachments

$.01 means that home Depot is supposed to return the item to the vendor or supplier. I got a few specialized light bulbs that way. Some cashier's don't care and some do. Nice find!
Yes, I was confused and told her it couldn’t be right and she like just take it. “Don’t have to tell me twice” and paid my 1 penny haha.

Erick_V

Got one log for my tuner and this code popped up. Sent the log toy tuner. Car runs fine on the stock tune so hopefully it's just a small adjustment to the torque tables is it.
Completely normal. ECU is confused because it's seeing more load than stock, nothing to worry about. Doesn't affect driveability. If you're tuned that code will always be there but stored (no light)

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got one log for my tuner and this code popped up. Sent the log toy tuner. Car runs fine on the stock tune so hopefully it's just a small adjustment to the torque tables is it.
That’s just your car reacting to the extra torque from the new tune. I’ve had that code since I got my dizzy 93 tune.

Was lazy and cheap, buddy had black crinkle powder, so fogs are slightly textured. Not too worried, I just wanted to clean them up and slow down/stop corrosion. Also getting more of the car together. Waiting on a new dryer/accumulator for the AC system, and a line. I think Ron at Woosh has my new coolant overflow reservoir shipped out and should be coming soon too. Its all coming together fairly quick now. I'm excited. I also cleaned the intake ports before putting on the replacement intake manifold. Definitely some modest build up, but I've seen way worse in this forum and other DI only cars. I should have taken pics, but I was too concentrated on smashing the work out while I had the time.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well the review is in of the the EBC Blue NDX pads after Bed in has been completed! These are definitely a Step up from EBC yellow! I am very impressed with their stopping power! Reminds me of the Original Pads that fomoco sent it out the door with 14s and 15s...But with and edge. Nice and smooth then......grab master 5000. I will be using these pads from now on out. Bye bye yellows!

gcFwr97WdNA0E.gif

Last edited:
Got my second revision and went from making 13[si to 17psi. Already feels much better. Car is still doing that abnormal bypass valve venting but my tuner says thats the ECU reacting to the higher then stock boost targets. That will be tweaked some more and is already a little better then the 1st revision. Ill just roll with the maps as I do each revision untill shes dialed in. I also found this gem of a brake kit 2 hr away from my area that I'm scooping up on Sunday. Guy is asking $700 for the whole kit and they clear stock wheels with a 15" spacer included.

1686267119347.png

Waiting on parts, but figured I could do some small things while I waited. Taking an L trying to swap the headlight clips into the front crash beam mounts. 9 year old plastic said no way. I even tried boiling the plastic to make it more flexible . I'm not sure this plate isn't too thick for the clip...... I guess I'll see with the new clips, but if it doesn't want to go I'm not sure what the solution will be. 😡

Edit: most likely will try and 3d print a taller tab and glue it to the other half. 20230608_234332.jpg 20230608_234402.jpg

Last edited: